During the first half of the eighteenth century, the Marquise de Pompadour bought a glass factory. Verrerie Royale de Sevre born a few years later under the royal hospitals: "given by the King to Madame de Pompadour" in 1750, she moved into the land of his castle at Sevres. In 1762, she is considered one of the top three glassworks in France. Passionate about art, the favorite of Louis XV is resolutely determined to dress the royal table of the most beautiful glasses, as perfect as those who made the Venetian. His brother, Marquis de Marigny introduced in this nascent crystal production and convert Europe to the uneven brightness of a material that is now essential on all large tables. In a century and a half, Cristal de Sevres conquers all lovers of art and the table, particularly on uncompromising quality and aesthetics.